Asus is one of the foremost providers in networking hardware to the users. They provide the best quality routers and accessories to the users. Their routers are reliable and provide some of the best user experience. They consist some of the most advanced features such as Network Map, Guest Network, Device Prioritization, the number of devices that are connected to the network, to check the status of the internet and the wireless connection, the Adaptive QoS bandwidth monitor, AiProtection and much more. The user can access these features by logging in to the router. The Asus routers need to be logged in before the user can configure their network. The user can login simply by typing www.router.asus.com or Asus Router Login in the address bar of any internet browser and entering the default information regarding the router. The username and password are “admin” for most of the Asus routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
What is www.router.asus.com?
The web domain www.router.asus.com is the web domain name through which the users can login to their router. After entering the domain name, the user will be prompted to enter the default information of the router. After successfully logging in to the router, the user can configure, control, monitor and even repair the network themselves. The router recognizes the web domain and translates it to the default IP address for the router and reroutes the user directly to the login page of the router. The users had to enter the default IP address specific to the router before but it was quite troublesome for the users to remember or find the default IP address of their routers. Asus came up with a solution by providing routers preconfigured to use the web domain name instead of the default IP address of the routers.
Only after logging in to the router, the user can gain access to the advanced features of the router. The user can also configure their network and gain access to the details as well. The user can also update the firmware of the router through the web based interface. The firmware needs to be updated regularly in order for the router to stay updated and so that the security on the router can stay updated as well. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their banking information when they buy something online, the emails and the passwords and much more. To keep the security up to date, the firmware needs to be updated. The firmware needs to be updated for the router to be able to stay compatible with the latest media technology. This way, the user doesn’t have to go around buying a new router every time they wish to buy a new media device. Other than that, the firmware update might also fix any bugs or previously faced issues as well. The new firmware might also bring some new features and overall speed boosts too.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the router, to reset, to change the username and password and to update the firmware of the Asus router.
How to setup and login to the Asus router
- There are some prerequisites required for the setup process. They are:
- Enough Ethernet cables for the necessary connections required.
- A working desktop computer or a laptop.
- A working internet connection.
How to Reset the Asus router
The router will be needed to reset to restore the router back to its factory default settings. If the user either forgets or loses the password for their router, the router will have to be reset so that the user can login to their router using the default information of their router. Here are the steps to reset the router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a pin (Asus Router Login)or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the pin for ten seconds, release the button. The LED lights at the front of the router will start flashing. After the power light becomes stable green, the router will have reset back to its factory default settings.
Now, the user can login again to their router using the default information specific to their router.
Warning: It is advised that the reset process isn’t interrupted anyhow as any interruptions during the router reset can corrupt the router and leave it useless.
How to setup and login to the router (Asus Router Login)
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the Asus router via an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that connections are made properly on both ends.
- Open an internet browser and type www.router.asus.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information regarding your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default username and password are not accepted, that means that the user might have changed the information. In that case, the user needs to put the previously set password. If all else fails, the user needs to reset the router to restore the router back to its factory default settings.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the web based interface will open. Here, the user can configure their network suitable to their needs.
Now, the user will have setup and logged in to their router successfully. To secure the network, it is advised that when the user first logs in, they change the default username and password for their router. This way, their network will be made more secure and nobody will be able to login to their router without their permission.