Asus routers provide excellent user-friendly experience and a vast array of advanced features that provide various different functions such as security, ease of access, time-saving and other advantages. The user can access these features anytime after logging in to the Asus router. The login process is very easy and the user can log in to the router after initially setting it up. The user can go to www.router.asus.com and enter the default information regarding their router to successfully login. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the users time.
Some of the advanced features of the Asus router are:
- Media Prioritization – This feature allows the user to prioritize the bandwidth on a particular device for high internet usage. For example, if the user wishes to play an online game which requires high internet usage or watch a high quality HD video without any interruptions, the user can prioritize the bandwidth on a specific device for uninterrupted usage.
- Parental Controls – With the help of this feature, the user can restrict certain websites on their network or block age inappropriate content for the children. The user can also limit the access of internet on any particular devices for a limited period of time.
- Network Speed Test – This feature allows the user to check for the speed of their internet that they are getting.
- Network Map – This feature allows the user to check the exact number and type of devices that are connected to their network.
- Guest Network – With the help of this feature, the user can create multiple alternate networks other than their main network. If there are any visitors or guests visiting the users’ place and they wish to use the internet, the user can simply create alternate networks other than the main network so that the visitors can use the internet. This way, the user’s main network and its shared contents will be kept safe.
Here, we will provide the troubleshooting steps and issue fixes for the setup and login process, to reset the Asus router and to update the firmware for the Asus router so that the users can configure their router themselves without any problems.
These steps are applicable on most of the Asus routers such as:
Asus RT-AC51U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC52U B1 Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC53 Wi-Fi Router Asus RT-AC53U
Asus RT-AC55U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC56R Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC56S Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC56U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC66U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68UF Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC66R Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC66U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC66W Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68W Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68P Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68R Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC68U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC87R Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC87U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC88U Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC1200 Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC1750 Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC1900P Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC3100 Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC3200 Wi-Fi Router
Asus RT-AC5300 Wi-Fi Router
Troubleshooting steps to setup the Asus routers:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports located at the back of the router.
- Using another Ethernet cable, connect the modem to the WAN port also located at the back of the router.
- Make sure all the connections are made properly.
- Switch off all the devices and then switch them on after a while. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
Now, the users’ router will have been setup and ready to log in.
Unable to login to the Asus router using www.router.asus.com? [Solved]
- Open an internet browser and type www.router.asus.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be taken to the login page of the router. The user will then be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the Asus routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the web based interface will open. Here, the user can configure their network suitable to their needs.
Now, the user will have setup and logged in to their router successfully. To secure the network, it is advised that when the user first logs in, they change the default username and password for their router.
This way, their network will be made more secure and nobody will be able to login to their router without their permission.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the Asus routers:
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router. It will be inside a very small hole. It might be labeled as reset or restore factory settings.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds and release the button after ten seconds.
- After a few seconds, the power LED light at the front of the router will turn stable green/white in color. The router will have been restored to its factory default settings.
- Do not interrupt the reset process as it can damage the firmware of the Asus router.
- Do not unplug the router from its power source while the reset process is underway as it can corrupt the router.
Facing trouble while updating the firmware of the Asus router using www.router.asus.com? [Solved]
The firmware is the Operating Software that orchestrates all the hardware on the device that it is installed on. The firmware must be maintained and regularly updated so that the user does not face any problems with their router. The firmware update brings a lot of features such as up to date security, makes sure the router stays compatible with the latest media devices, provide overall enhanced speed boosts and might even add some new features to the router.
- Download the latest firmware for your router from the Asus Support Site and save it on the desired location on the same device that is connected to the Asus router.
- Now, open an internet browser and type www.router.asus.com in the address bar of the browser. Press enter.
- The www.router.asus.com admin login page will appear. The user will be prompted for the default information. Enter the information and press enter.
- The web based interface for the Asus router will appear.
- On the justify side of the screen, there will be an Administration panel. Click on it.
- Click the Firmware Update or Router Update option. The option may vary for different router models.
- Browse for the previously downloaded file on the device and click on upload to upload the file.
- The firmware update process will begin. The firmware update usually takes only a couple of minutes.
- Do not unplug the Asus router from its power source while the firmware update is still underway as it can damage the router.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update process as it can corrupt the firmware of the router.
- Do not download the firmware from any third party websites.
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
- What is the admin login address for my Asus router?
The admin login address for Asus routers is www.router.asus.com.
- What is the default IP address for Asus routers?
The default IP address for most of the Asus routers is 192.168.1.1.
- How can I change the username and password for my Asus router?
The user can simply login using www.router.asus.com and change the username and password from the respective fields in the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key (passphrase) option.
- What will happen to my personalized settings if I choose to reset the router?
All the personalized settings that the user made will be wiped out of the router if the router has been reset.
- What is the default information for my Asus router?
The default username and password is “admin” for most of the Asus routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Can I leave my router on all the time?
Yes, you can leave your router on for as long as you like. It will not damage the router in any way.
- How can I update the firmware of my Asus router?
You can update the firmware on your Asus router by logging in to the router using www.router.asus.com and going to the web based interface. The web based interface will notify the user if there is any firmware update is pending.
- What is the Guest Network?
The Guest Network is an advanced feature which allows the user to create multiple networks other than the main network for any guests. This way, the user can share the internet with any guests without sharing their main network and its shared contents.
- Can I download the firmware for my Asus router from any third party website?
It is strongly recommended not to download the firmware for any Asus router from any third party websites.
How can I check as to how many devices are connected to my network?
You can check the exact type and number of devices that are connected to the network using the Network Map feature. The user can gain access to this feature after logging in to the Asus router using www.router.asus.com.